Thursday, August 14, 2008

Fair daze


Believe me, the fair looks nothing like this! The "carnival" is almost nil...too bad. Some of my favorite memories are of the Barnum fair when Karen and I were teens. We had the most fun...I think I measure my life in summers, because I don't have many winter memories. One of the guys from my past stopped by this weekend and reminisced about the those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer.
Anywho... I was up at the fair tonight doing my part for the cause. Two little 4th grade girls stopped to chat and were mesmerized by the life like fetal models. They went on to tell me how they were going to adopt black twins when they grew up, they would each get one, but they would also have babies "the other way"too. Meghan was naming her black baby Mitka and the baby she was having the other way, Christina Louise, because she has French heritage and she wants to pass on her heritage to her child. I can't remember the name the other girl had chosen for her baby...I was too mesmerized by Meghan's cute face.

The weather was anything but summer like so it gave me an excuse to try layering this top. I really don't care for it on it's own...on me anyway.

The Mad Mat was waiting for me when I came home from a funeral on Tuesday afternoon... and I LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment